三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

DR Congo president plans unity government

Updated: 2025-02-24 09:40
Share
Share - WeChat
Democratic Republic of the Congo's President Felix Tshisekedi [Photo/Agencies]

KINSHASA — Felix Tshisekedi, president of the Democratic Republic of Congo, will launch a unity government, his spokeswoman said on Saturday, as he faces domestic pressure over his handling of an offensive by the Rwanda-supported M23 rebels in eastern provinces.

The M23's capture of swathes of eastern Congo and valuable mineral deposits has fanned fears of a wider war and provoked some members of the fractious opposition to openly predict his presidency will not last.

On Saturday, Tshisekedi told a meeting of the ruling Sacred Union coalition not to be distracted by internal quarrels: "We must unite … let's stand together to face the enemy."

Presidency spokeswoman Tina Salama said Tshisekedi would form a government of national unity and make changes in the leadership of the coalition, without giving further details.

Since the start of the year, Congo has faced back-to-back losses in North and South Kivu provinces, fueling criticism of the authorities' military strategy.

The head of the UN mission in DR Congo said on Friday that rebels in the eastern North Kivu Province are hampering peacekeeping operations.

UN mission hindered

"The continued occupation of parts of North Kivu by the M23, supported by the Rwandan defense forces, has severely constrained MONUSCO's ability to fully implement mission requirements," said Bintou Keita, chief of the UN mission in DR Congo, known as MONUSCO. She added that the rebels prevent the UN mission from protecting civilians and carrying out life-saving operations.

Speaking to reporters at the UN headquarters over a video linkup from Kinshasa, the special representative in DR Congo of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said the M23 is advancing through South Kivu as part of its stated aim to reach the capital.

MONUSCO withdrew from South Kivu last year following its revised mandate from the Security Council and as requested by the Kinshasa government.

Keita said the operational challenges MONUSCO faces have been confounded by disinformation and hate campaigns that deliberately put the lives of UN peacekeepers at risk.

Stephane Dujarric, the UN secretary-general's chief spokesman, said humanitarian partners have raised concerns that ongoing clashes in South Kivu's Uvira hinder access to those in need and ambulances. He added that hospitals in the province report receiving civilian casualties from the conflict daily.

Agencies - Xinhua

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 视频一区二区国产无限在线观看 | 免费一看一级毛片 | 欧美国产合集在线视频 | 996免费视频国产在线播放 | 中文字幕永久在线视频 | 国产精品亚洲欧美日韩一区在线 | 在线观看福利视频在线观看 | 在线麻豆视频 | 色成人综合 | 免费a级毛片大学生免费观看 | 国产视频自拍一区 | 91精品福利老司机在线观看 | 国产成人深夜福利短视频99 | 国产午夜免费视频 | 国内视频一区 | 国产人成午夜免费噼啪视频 | 国产情趣酒店鸳鸯浴在线观看 | 免费观看日批视频 | 成人污污视频 | 亚洲酒色1314狠狠做 | 大学生久久香蕉国产线观看 | 日韩欧美视频免费观看 | 一级做a爰片欧美aaaa | 日韩毛片欧美一级a网站 | 亚洲国产精品影院 | miya亚洲私人影院在线 | 国产一区二区三区四区波多野结衣 | 久久国内精品自在自线400部o | 丁香五六月婷婷 | 欧美黑人粗大 | 在线看片黄 | 国产精品三级在线观看 | 亚洲图片国产日韩欧美 | 日本乱理伦中文三区 | 亚洲一级二级三级 | 国产精品亚洲第一区二区三区 | 久久一区二区三区四区 | 国产香蕉视频在线播放 | 日韩中文字幕精品一区在线 | 我要看黄色一级片 | 久久福利在线 |