三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Musk's department targets migrant spendings in NYC

By HENG WEILI in New York | China Daily | Updated: 2025-02-12 10:07
Share
Share - WeChat
Elon Musk carries his son X A-Xii in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, on February 11, 2025. Musk leads the efforts under the newly created Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), and was speaking at the White House with Trump, who has in recent weeks unleashed a flurry of orders aimed at slashing federal spending. [Photo/Agencies]

The revelations of the Elon Muskled US Department of Government Efficiency, or DOGE, continued at a furious pace on Monday.

The latest splash was a claim that the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, recently paid $59 million to house migrants in New York City luxury hotels.

"Sending this money violated the law and is in gross insubordination to the President's executive order," Musk wrote on X.

US President Donald Trump issued various spending, hiring and regulatory freezes soon after he took office last month. Some of those executive orders have been challenged in federal court.

Cameron Hamilton, the acting head of FEMA, said on Monday that he is suspending payments sent to New York City to house migrants.

"I want to thank the @DOGE team for making me aware of this. Effective yesterday these payments have all been suspended from FEMA. Personnel will be held accountable," Hamilton posted on X.

New York City officials challenged Musk's claim, stating that the $59 million is part of planned FEMA funding to help cover migrant housing costs.

The city hasn't been notified of any pause in funding, said Elizabeth Garcia, deputy press secretary for Mayor Eric Adams. Garcia told the New York Daily News that while some migrants are being housed in hotels, the rooms do not fall under the "luxury" category.

Tricia McLaughlin, spokeswoman for the US Department of Homeland Security, or DHS — to which FEMA belongs — pointed to recent statements by DHS Secretary Kristi Noem.

"As Secretary Noem said yesterday, we must get rid of FEMA the way it exists today," McLaughlin told The Associated Press on Monday. "This is yet another egregious example."

In a trip to North Carolina last month to survey damage caused by Hurricane Helene in September, Trump said he was considering "getting rid of" FEMA and that he's creating a task force to conduct a "fullscale review" of it.

Agencies contributed to this story.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - 2025. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品一区二区日本高清 | 午夜性刺激在线观看视频 | 香蕉视频在线看 | 国产成人综合91精品 | 国产精品青草久久久久婷婷 | 日韩精品亚洲专区在线影视 | 成人黄色免费网址 | 日韩不卡中文字幕 | 66j8免费视频| 自拍视频在线观看视频精品 | 成人国产精品视频频 | 欧美成人手机在线视频 | 色综合久久丁香婷婷 | 操操综合 | 精品视频 久久久 | 一区二区三区在线 | 欧美精品亚洲一区二区在线播放 | 国产三级a三级三级 | 国产精品成人不卡在线观看 | 成人免费国产欧美日韩你懂的 | 1024免费永久福利视频 | 亚洲欧美一区二区三区久本道 | 欧美国产成人免费观看永久视频 | japanese色国产在线看视频 | 国产a毛片清高视频 | 九九热这里只有国产精品 | 欧美片欧美日韩国产综合片 | 免费国产一级特黄久久 | 日本一级特大毛片 | 精品入口麻豆传煤 | 午夜久久久久久亚洲国产精品 | 一级特黄色毛片免费看 | 免费一级a毛片在线播放视 免费一级a毛片免费观看欧美大片 | 亚洲一区日韩二区欧美三区 | 视频在线观看一区二区三区 | 国产欧美在线亚洲一区刘亦菲 | 国产区在线看 | 国产精选在线播放 | 国产一级爱c片免费播放 | 在线观看视频色 | 国产大尺度福利视频在线观看 |