三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Trump, Netanyahu set for pivotal talks

Updated: 2025-02-05 09:24
Share
Share - WeChat
Palestinians sell falafel during a power cut at a destroyed building in Gaza City on Monday, amid a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas. DAWOUD ABU ALKAS/REUTERS

WASHINGTON — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was set to meet US President Donald Trump on Tuesday, as Israel and Hamas said they are ready for negotiations on a new phase in their fragile Gaza cease-fire.

Netanyahu, the first foreign leader to visit the White House since Trump returned to power last month, would discuss the truce's future and efforts to end the Gaza conflict.

Hours before their meeting, Netanyahu's office said Israel would send a delegation to the Qatari capital Doha later this week for negotiations.

"Israel is preparing for the working-level delegation to leave for Doha at the end of this week in order to discuss technical details related to the continued implementation of the agreement," the office said in a statement following meetings in Washington between Netanyahu and Trump's advisers, including Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff.

Hamas has said it is ready to negotiate the second stage of the cease-fire, mediated by Egypt, Qatar and the United States.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, Qatar's prime minister and foreign minister, urged international partners to maintain pressure to ensure the success of the cease-fire negotiations, according to a ministry statement.

He emphasized that no party should be allowed to obstruct the process, so that this crucial opportunity is not lost. Qatar looks forward to intensifying regional and international efforts to provide humanitarian aid by supporting the United Nations in bringing in and delivering aid to all parts of the Gaza Strip, he added.

The next phase of the truce aims to secure the release of the remaining hostages and lay out steps toward ending the conflict that has devastated the Palestinian territory of 2.4 million people.

'No guarantees'

Trump said on Sunday that talks with Israel and other Middle Eastern countries were "progressing" — but then warned less than 24 hours later that there were "no guarantees that the peace is going to hold".

However, Witkoff, who met Netanyahu on Monday over terms for the second phase of the truce, said he was "certainly hopeful" the truce would stick.

Meanwhile, Israel's opposition leader Yair Lapid said on Monday that Netanyahu's government will not fall over the continuation of the cease-fire.

His remarks were aimed at preventing Netanyahu from citing domestic political pressure as a reason for resuming the conflict, The Associated Press commented.

"Netanyahu has a political safety net from the opposition for the deal, for every stage," Lapid said.

"The deal has the overwhelming support of the people of Israel, and the deal has the overwhelming support of the Knesset of Israel," he added, referring to Israel's parliament.

Under the Gaza cease-fire's current 42-day first phase, Hamas is to free 33 hostages in exchange for around 1,900 Palestinians held in Israeli jails.

Four hostage-prisoner exchanges have taken place, and 18 hostages have been freed in exchange for some 600 Palestinian prisoners.

The truce has also led to a surge of food, fuel, medical and other aid into rubble-strewn Gaza, as well as allowing displaced Gazans to return to the territory's north.

Authorities in Gaza have updated the death toll from Israel's military offensive on the enclave to 61,709, in order to include the 14,222 people still missing, AI Jazeera reported.

Officials in Gaza said hospitals received 47,487 bodies during the conflict. The revised death toll includes 17,881 children, 214 of whom are babies.

Mike Gu in Hong Kong contributed to this story.

Agencies Via Xinhua

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产黄页在线观看 | 成 人 黄 色视频免费播放 | 欧美一级做a爰片久毛片潮 欧美一级做a爰片免费 | 亚洲线精品久久一区二区三区 | 精品久久久日韩精品成人 | 特级做人爱c欧美网站 | 亚洲一区二区中文字5566 | 在线播放国产真实女同事 | 制服丝袜在线看 | 一区二区三区免费在线观看 | 国产精品视频无圣光一区 | 男人狂躁女人下面视频免费观看 | 午夜视频一区 | 女人洗澡一级毛片一级毛片 | 国产精品久久久久久搜索 | 免费在线观看黄色毛片 | 欧美色就色 | 精品国产香蕉伊思人在线 | 一级做a爱免费观看视频 | 久久久久久久久a免费 | 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区 | 成人综合在线视频免费观看 | 色99在线| 手机看片1024久久香蕉 | 又粗又硬的aaaaaaa毛片 | 精品入口麻豆 | 免费国产午夜在线观看 | 亚洲国产精品综合久久 | 亚洲综合色丁香麻豆 | 免费岛国片 | 亚洲另类网 | 亚洲天天在线日亚洲洲精 | 91视频免费网址 | 一级毛片特黄久久免费看 | 在线成人| 涩涩色中文综合亚洲 | 国产一级一级一级国产片 | 黄色在线资源 | 国产亚洲一区二区精品 | 日本成人一区二区 | 久久精品免费视频观看 |