三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Soccer

Club needs reinforcements after not making summer signings, says Pep

Updated: 2025-01-15 09:47
Share
Share - WeChat
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola talks to Josko Gvardiol after the match in GTech Community Stadium, London, Britain, Jan 14, 2025. [Photo/Agencies]

Manchester City needs to invest during the January transfer window due to injury problems and a faltering Premier League campaign, manager Pep Guardiola said on Monday, acknowledging it may have been a mistake to rule out signings in the summer.

City's title defense looks all but over after six league defeats has left it sixth in the standings and 12 points behind leader Liverpool who has a game in hand.

Guardiola's side has missed Ballon d'Or-winning midfielder Rodri, who ruptured knee ligaments in September, and has suffered injuries to defenders John Stones and Ruben Dias.

"In the summer the club thought about (signings) and I said: 'No, I don't want to make any signings," Guardiola said ahead of Tuesday's league game at Brentford.

"I relied a lot on these guys and thought I can do it again. But after the injuries maybe we should have done it."

City has not made a significant signing in January since the arrival of Aymeric Laporte for 57 million pounds ($69.67 million) from Athletic Bilbao in 2018.

Guardiola could not confirm whether a deal has been done to bring in Lens defender Abdukodir Khusanov.

"The club didn't announce anything. I don't know," he said.

"Rodri is impossible but the other ones (injured players) I want back. If it would have happened I wouldn't be going to the transfer window this season. Absolutely not.

"We would not be in the position that we are but we struggle all season. It's not just Rodri, we have a lot of problems in the back four. That is the reason why the club is thinking we might do this transfer."

After City's 8-0 FA Cup win over Salford City on Saturday, Guardiola revealed that Walker had asked to leave the club, but the manager had no update on the situation and the right back could be in the squad at Brentford.

"No news. I'm not going to add anything, no more news. I only have Brentford on my mind," Guardiola said.

"We will decide this afternoon after training."

The cup win was a third consecutive victory for City, a welcome return to form after Guardiola's side had previously won only once in 13 matches in all competitions.

"We won three games. Before it was impossible to win one," he said.

"Now we won three, and that helps us. But the reality is we won against a team in the last game for the difference of the Premier League and League Two (fourth-tier), the badges of both teams, and many reasons we should win.

"We have to wait to see if we are who we are. The mood is better. Tomorrow we have an enormously difficult game."

Reuters

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人精品福利色多多 | 五月六月伊人狠狠丁香网 | 久99频这里只精品23热 视频 | 成人的天堂视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩 在线 香蕉 | 尤物视频最新网址 | 亚洲国产精品综合欧美 | 国产一区二区在线视频观看 | 国产视频三级 | 麻豆中文字幕 | 国产精品一库二库三库 | jizz亚洲女人高清 | 久色tv | 欧美超高清xoxoxoxo | 深夜影院在线视频观看 | 久久精品国产亚洲麻豆 | 操出水视频 | 黄色片播放器 | 亚洲第一大网站 | 一级毛片在线免费视频 | 欧美日韩在线亚洲国产人 | 国产人成精品 | 中文字幕亚洲欧美 | 鲁大师成人一区二区三区 | 久久精品亚洲精品国产欧美 | 欧美一区二区三区免费不卡 | 成人欧美一区二区三区视频不卡 | 国产欧美成人免费观看视频 | 国产精品麻豆网站 | 这里有精品 | 黄色三 | 欧美毛片免费看 | 婷婷久久久五月综合色 | 黄网站色网址 | 免费观看黄色a一级录像 | 国产精品视频自拍 | 手机在线看片国产日韩生活片 | 国产精品123区 | 一级毛片视频在线观看 | 国产99精品 | 亚洲国产精久久久久久久春色 |