三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Golf

Woods has no firm answers on LIV deal

Legendary golfer says all parties are working to deliver a 'better' product

Updated: 2024-12-05 09:05
Share
Share - WeChat

Tiger Woods could not offer much of a timetable Tuesday on PGA Tour negotiations with the Saudi backers of LIV Golf, or his own future as a player.

Woods is the tournament host of the Hero World Challenge this week, and that's his only role at Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas. He has played the holiday tournament only once since 2019, missing this year while recovering from a sixth surgery on his lower back.

"I'm not tournament sharp yet, no. I'm still not there," Woods said. "These are 20 of the best players in the world, and I'm not sharp enough to compete against them at this level. So, when I'm ready to compete and play at this level, then I will."

A big part of his time is occupied by PGA Tour business matters. Woods was appointed to the PGA Tour board a year ago with no term limits, and he also is on the board of the commercial PGA Tour Enterprises.

There has been movement on negotiations for the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia to become a minority investor in PGA Tour Enterprises — the tour already has a $1.5 billion investment from Strategic Sports Group and a player equity program.

PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan played in the Dunhill Links Championship on the European tour with the PIF governor, Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

Monahan also played golf with President-elect Donald Trump, who had said he could fix golf's mess in about 15 minutes.

"I think all of us who have been a part of this process would have thought it would have happened quicker than this," Woods said.

He suggested any deal would still require approval from the Justice Department.

"But, things are very fluid, we're still working through it, it's happening daily," Woods said. "From a policy board standpoint, or from an enterprise standpoint, things are moving and they're constructive."

In the meantime, Bloomberg reported last week that the European tour is talking with PIF separately, leading to suggestions of a shared schedule, which would mean players from the European tour and LIV Golf could play on each circuit.

"We all want to get past this and to do what's best for the tour, and, in trying to do that, there's going to be... some eggs are going to be knocked over, and it's going to be a little bit difficult at times," Woods said. "But, in the end, we're going to get a product that's better for all the fans and all the players that are involved, and get some peace that the game desperately needs."

As for his own future, Woods was not certain. He was not asked if he planned to play in two weeks at the PNC Championship with his son, Charlie. It's a 36-hole event hosted by the PGA Tour Champions, so Woods could ride in a cart. He has played it each of the last four years.

He looked back at 2024 as a lost year, primarily because of his ailing back, which began to spasm as the year went on.

Woods had set a goal of playing a big tournament once a month through the majors season, but that fell apart early when he missed The Players Championship in March. He set a Masters record by making his 24th consecutive cut, but then only played at the next three majors and was gone by the weekend at each of them.

He had a microdiscectomy in September to alleviate pain down his legs, but he has no idea how often he can play in 2025.

"Whether my commitment going forward is once a month, yeah, I could say that all over again," Woods said. "But, I truly don't know. I'm just trying to rehab and still get stronger and feel better, really giving myself the best chance I can going into next year.

"This year, I had to toss it away. I wasn't as sharp as I needed to be, I didn't play as much as I needed to going into the major championships and I didn't play well at them," he said. "Hopefully, next year will be better. I'll be physically stronger and better. I know the procedure helped, and, hopefully, I can then build upon that."

Agencies Via Xinhua

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 金发美女与黑人巨大交 | 国产免费大片 | 激情专区| www.黄色一片 | 免费三级网站 | www.91麻豆.com | 久久99精品国产麻豆宅宅 | 爱爱插入视频 | 日本黄区免费视频观看 | a大片大片网y | 亚洲精品一区二区三区第四页 | 国产精品自产拍2021在线观看 | 日本老太婆一级毛片免费 | 亚洲一二三区视频 | 欧美成人午夜做爰视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩视频在线一区二区 | 日韩高清一区二区三区不卡 | 色xxx| 99热在线观看精品 | 黄色电影毛片 | 二级黄的全免费视频 | 黄色免费网站在线播放 | 国产亚洲精品日韩香蕉网 | 成人影院在线观看kkk4444 | 欧美日韩一区二区三区免费不卡 | 日韩精品片 | 久久国产香蕉一区精品 | 欧美日韩亚洲精品一区 | 乱淫毛片| 日韩美女一级毛片 | 香蕉成视频片在线观看 | 同性男男黄h片在线播放免费 | 国产90后美女露脸在线观看 | 久久精品视频观看 | a免费网站| 免费黄色网址大全 | 婷婷欧美 | 在线成人免费看大片 | 麻豆va一区二区三区久久浪 | 国产成人综合网亚洲欧美在线 | 深夜做爰性大片很黄很色视频 |