三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Tennis

World tennis No.2 Swiatek accepts one-month doping suspension

Updated: 2024-11-29 09:39
Share
Share - WeChat
File photo of Iga Swiatek. [Photo/Agencies]

PARIS - World number two Iga Swiatek has accepted a one-month suspension after testing positive for a banned substance, the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) announced on Thursday.

Swiatek, 23, tested positive for the heart medication trimetazidine (TMZ) in an out-of-competition sample in August 2024 when the Polish player was ranked number one in the world.

The ITIA, however, accepted that it was caused by "the contamination of a regulated non-prescription medication (melatonin), manufactured and sold in Poland that the player had been taking for jet lag and sleep issues".

"The violation was therefore not intentional... the player's level of fault was considered to be at the lowest end of the range for 'No Significant Fault or Negligence'," the ITIA said.

Reigning French Open champion Swiatek, who has five Grand Slam singles titles -- four at Roland Garros and the 2022 US Open -- accepted the suspension.

"I'm finally allowed... so I instantly want to share with you something that became the worst experience of my life," an emotional Swiatek said in a post on social media.

"In the last two-and-a-half months I was subject to strict ITIA proceedings, which confirmed my innocence.

"The only positive doping test in my career, showing unbelievably low level of a banned substance I've never heard about before, put everything I've worked so hard for my entire life into question.

"Both me and my team had to deal with tremendous stress and anxiety. Now everything has been carefully explained, and with a clean slate I can go back to what I love most."

Swiatek was provisionally suspended from September 22 until October 4, missing three tournaments, which counts towards the sanction, leaving eight days remaining.

She will also forfeit prize money from the Cincinnati Open, the tournament directly following the test, where she lost to Aryna Sabalenka in the final.

"I know I will be stronger than ever," continued Swiatek. "Right now I'm just relieved it's over.

"I want to be open with you, even though I know I did nothing wrong. Out of respect for my fans and the public, I'm sharing all the details of this longest and toughest tournament of my career. My biggest hope is that you will stay with me."

WADA 'right to appeal'

In a case similar to that of men's world number one Jannik Sinner, Swiatek nevertheless remains under threat of a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) appeal.

"WADA will carefully review this decision and reserves the right to take an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, as appropriate," a spokesperson told AFP.

Italian Sinner is still waiting for the outcome of the WADA appeal against his initial exoneration for twice testing positive for traces of the steroid clostebol in March.

On Thursday, the ITIA said that Swiatek's positive test was not initially made public "in accordance with its regulations", since she appealed her provisional suspension within the allotted time and had it lifted.

"Once the source of the TMZ had been established, it became clear that this was a highly unusual instance of a contaminated product, which in Poland is a regulated medicine," said ITIA CEO Karen Moorhouse.

"This case is an important reminder for tennis players of the strict liability nature of the World Anti-Doping Code and the importance of players carefully considering the use of supplements and medications."

The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) said it "fully supports Iga during this difficult time".

"Iga has consistently demonstrated a strong commitment to fair play and upholding the principles of clean sport, and this unfortunate incident highlights the challenges athletes face in navigating the use of medications and supplements," the WTA said in a statement.

"The WTA remains steadfast in our support for a clean sport and the rigorous processes that protect the integrity of competition.

"We also emphasise that athletes must take every precaution to verify the safety and compliance of all products they use, as even unintentional exposure to prohibited substances can have significant consequences."

AFP

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国内精品一区视频在线播放 | 性情视频在线高清免费 | 国产自约视频 | 亚洲午夜久久久久国产 | 黄色影院在线观看 | 高清国产美女一级a毛片在线 | 美日毛片 | 欧美制服| 国产亚洲精品sese在线播放 | 成 年 人 黄 片 大全 | 国产a毛片 | 国产v欧美v日本v精品 | 毛片大全免费看 | 欧美精品国产制服第一页 | 国产情趣酒店鸳鸯浴在线观看 | 欧美黄色免费网址 | 免费观看黄色小视频 | 免费一区二区三区在线视频 | 亚洲成aⅴ人片在线观 | 久久精品美女 | 久久亚洲精品无码观看不卡 | 色婷婷狠狠五月综合天色拍 | 伊甸园精品视频网站 | 91精品视频在线看 | 久久经典免费视频 | 亚洲精选 | a级欧美片免费观看 | 久久久免费精品 | 影音成人资源 | 精品国产高清毛片 | 欧美中文字幕在线视频 | 欧美一级大尺度毛片 | 亚欧黄色| 国产精品嫩草影院在线播放 | 日本精品国产 | 亚洲人成在线精品不卡网 | 一级女性黄 色生活片 | 美色阁亚洲91网站在线观看 | 国产国拍亚洲精品av | www.91在线视频| 伊人狠狠丁香婷婷综合色 |