三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Sinner opens up about his doping case

Italian ace suffered sleepless nights before winning ATP Finals trophy

Updated: 2024-11-19 09:22
Share
Share - WeChat
Italy's Jannik Sinner poses with the ATP Finals trophy after beating Taylor Fritz of the United States in the championship match at the Inalpi Arena in Turin, Italy on Sunday. REUTERS

Sleepless nights, constant thoughts of what went wrong — and how it could have been prevented.

Jannik Sinner opened up about his ongoing doping case after beating US Open runner-up Taylor Fritz 6-4, 6-4 on Sunday to claim the ATP Finals trophy in front of his home fans at the Inalpi Arena in Turin, Italy.

Sinner tested positive in two separate drug tests in March, and a decision to clear him of wrongdoing was appealed by the World Anti-Doping Agency in September. A final ruling is expected from the Court of Arbitration for Sport early next year.

Sinner's explanation was that the banned performance-enhancer entered his system unintentionally through a massage from his physiotherapist, who had used a spray containing the steroid to treat his own cut finger.

"I've kept on thinking about where we went wrong and what we could have done better," Sinner said in Italian. "I had days where I wasn't feeling great; nights when I didn't sleep well.

"But, when I put my hat on, I don't think about what's going on beyond the court," Sinner added. "I'm fortunate to have people around me who keep me stable. Thanks to them we've continued to work hard every day like there's no tomorrow, and we've even improved in this period."

Sinner's victory in Turin was the latest big achievement in a year full of them, following his first two Grand Slam titles at the Australian Open and US Open and clinching the year-end No 1 ranking.

Sinner has won 26 of his last 27 matches and ends the ATP season with eight titles and an overall record of 70-6.

"The work will never stop. We know we still have room for improvement," Sinner said. "But, it's been an incredible season and there's no better place to finish the season than here."

Sinner maintained his recent mastery over Fritz, having also beaten the American in the US Open final in September and in the group stage at the elite event for the year's top eight players last week.

By sweeping all five of his matches en route to the trophy, Sinner earned $4.8 million — the largest winner's prize on the men's tour.

Sinner became the first Italian to win the Finals, and he went one step further than last year, when he lost the championship match to Novak Djokovic, who withdrew from this year's Finals. And he did so without dropping a set — a feat last achieved by Ivan Lendl in 1986.

"I just tried to understand whatever works best for each opponent," Sinner said. "It was a very high-level tournament from my side. At times, I couldn't play better."

1 2 Next   >>|
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人亚洲精品一区 | 国产精品欧美亚洲 | 极品销魂一区二区三区 | 成人黄18免费视频 | 全国男人的天堂网站 | 亚洲免费国产 | 仑乱高清在线一级播放 | 欧美成人做性视频在线播放 | 成人免费精品视频 | 久久精品国产亚洲综合色 | 亚洲三级网址 | 久久视频6免费观看视频精品 | 手机看片在线播放 | 日韩一级欧美一级毛片在线 | 欧美成人一区二区三区在线电影 | 天天天综合 | 国产成人精品cao在线 | 亚洲免费片 | 国内一级一级毛片a免费 | 亚洲精品自产拍在线观看 | 免费观看h片 | 久久99爱视频 | 成熟女人特级毛片www免费 | 国产91香蕉 | 男女激情爱爱 | 中文国产成人精品久久一区 | 亚洲国产精品二区久久 | 97精品国产高清自在线看超 | 99久久精品男女性高爱 | 亚洲成人黄色网 | 国产欧美日韩免费一区二区 | 久久怡红院亚欧成人影院 | 久久影视一区 | 黄色片免费在线观看视频 | 白桃花在线| 黄网在线观看免费 | 国产1区在线观看 | 国产第一区精品视频ai换脸 | www.国产一区二区 | 亚洲欧美日韩高清专区一区 | 高清国产一级精品毛片基地 |