三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / HK Macao

HK says terrorism threat is 'moderate'

By Xi Tianqi in Hong Kong | China Daily | Updated: 2024-04-18 09:24
Share
Share - WeChat

Hong Kong will maintain its terrorism threat level at "moderate" after the arrest of 291 people for endangering national security in the past three years, the city's Security Bureau said on Wednesday.

Among those arrested — 218 males and 73 females — over 170 people and five companies had been charged and 112 had either been convicted by a court or were awaiting sentencing as of March 8, the bureau revealed in a written reply to a lawmaker.

While no intelligence suggests Hong Kong will be targeted, the city's terrorism threat level remains "moderate" as latent threats persist, the bureau said in another written reply the same day.

The three official reporting channels for leads regarding national security have received over 7,000 reports since November 2022, the bureau said. The channels are a WeChat account, a dedicated email address — nsdpublic@police.gov.hk — and a text-only telephone number 62717171.

The bureau said the implementation of the National Security Law for Hong Kong in June 2020 had restored Hong Kong's overall social stability and helped police crack down on radicals advocating terrorist attacks against the city.

However, it warned that some radicals have become more covert, with some spreading extremist ideas and inciting radical behaviors on the internet, posing challenges to Hong Kong's security.

As a result, authorities have decided to maintain the terrorism threat level at "moderate" to underscore the necessity of strengthening anti-terrorism work, the bureau said.

Ronny Tong Ka-wah, a member of the city's Executive Council, said most of the 291 people arrested were activists involved in social unrest in 2019, including the founder of the now-defunct Apple Daily newspaper, Jimmy Lai Chee-ying.

He said the newly enacted Safeguarding National Security Ordinance will ensure that such turbulence is unlikely to recur.

Kennedy Wong Ying-ho, a lawmaker representing the import and export sector, said the number of people arrested showed that the National Security Law only targets a handful of people endangering national security, while providing broad protection for the entire society.

Wong met with a delegation of businesspeople from Indonesia on Wednesday morning.

Business leaders from the Southeast Asian country are interested in investing in the city in view of its stable business environment following the enactment of the Safeguarding National Security Ordinance in March, Wong said.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一区二区日韩欧美在线 | 亚洲美女免费视频 | 青草青草伊人精品视频 | 国产精品久久久久久免费 | 99久久精品国产一区二区三区 | 国产精品嫩草影视在线观看 | 一级在线观看视频 | 一级毛片在线看在线播放 | 亚洲色图男人天堂 | 国产精品欧美日韩一区二区 | 国产无遮挡色视频免费视频 | 免费观看黄色a一级录像 | 一级片黄色片 | 国产乱通伦 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产精品26u | 特黄色片 | 欧美久久亚洲精品 | 精品外国呦系列在线观看 | 黄色影院视频 | 精品一区二区三区在线播放 | 一级毛片中文字幕 | 成人国产在线视频在线观看 | 久久国产精品免费网站 | 国产欧美国产精品第一区 | 国产精品黄在线观看免费软件 | 亚洲综合图片网 | 在线观看欧美一区 | 日韩免费中文字幕 | 欧美伦理片在线 | 黄色片视频国产 | 麻豆视频网 | 成人在线免费观看网站 | 国产大片91精品免费观看男同 | 看真人一级毛多毛片 | 国产精品欧美日韩一区二区 | 国产最新精品视频 | 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院 | 欧美伦禁片在线播放 | 我要看黄色特级黄色录像 | 国产va精品网站精品网站精品 | 免费黄色国产视频 |