三级aa视频在线观看-三级国产-三级国产精品一区二区-三级国产三级在线-三级国产在线

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Opinion
Home / Opinion / Editorials

Malicious intention to create trouble for HK: China Daily editorial

chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2022-07-03 18:33
Share
Share - WeChat
A flag-raising ceremony is held by the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland, at the Golden Bauhinia Square in Hong Kong, July 1, 2022. [Photo/Xinhua]

Not surprisingly, politicians from the United Kingdom and the United States have used the occasion of the 25th anniversary of China's resuming the exercising of sovereignty over Hong Kong on July 1 to smear Beijing.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken expressed Washington's concern at what he claimed was an "erosion of autonomy" in Hong Kong since its return to the motherland. Likewise, UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said there had been "a steady erosion" of political and civil rights in the special administrative region.

This has been a constant refrain from politicians in the two countries over the past decade. They justify such remarks with the claim that the UK has a "historical responsibility" to Hong Kong. Deliberately misinterpreting the Sino-British Joint Declaration to support their patronizing neo-colonialist meddling in Hong Kong affairs.

But the UK has no sovereignty, governance or supervision rights over Hong Kong. After Hong Kong's return to the motherland on July 1, 1997, the rights and obligations relating to the UK in the Sino-British Joint Declaration signed between the two governments in 1984 were fully discharged. By repeatedly citing the Declaration, which is now just a historical document, the UK and the US clearly harbor the malicious intention of creating trouble for Hong Kong.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, eagerly seizing the opportunity to talk about other things rather than Northern Ireland, his government's immigration policy, and the scandals that he's mired in, said the UK government was "not giving up on Hong Kong". By that he presumably meant not giving up on the desire to use Hong Kong as an anti-China base to serve the West's strategic purpose of containing China's development.

This is evidenced in the fact that the UK and the US prominently hyped up a "color revolution" in the SAR, encouraging the 2019-rioters in the territory to pursue their "burn together" plan to turn the city and the Chinese mainland into a maelstrom of turmoil.

Yet, despite their efforts, the "Pearl of the Orient" still shines. And with patriots administering Hong Kong, the territory's future once again looks bright.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 一级日韩| 亚洲欧美综合国产精品一区 | 国产精品久久久久久网站 | 久青草久青草高清在线播放 | 国产在线观看黄 | 国产成人精品免费视频大全可播放的 | 日韩不卡一二三区 | 欧美日韩综合网在线观看 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品久久久 | 黄色录像免费看 | 亚洲国产欧美在线人成aaa | 国产成人综合亚洲一区 | 婷婷在线免费观看 | 成人免费淫片95视频观看网站 | 日韩亚洲人成在线 | 欧美一级毛片美99毛片 | 美国一级片免费 | 日韩中文字幕不卡 | 美国一级毛片在线观看 | 黄色1级视频 | 高清欧美日韩一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产一区二区精品人妖系列 | 国产亚洲欧美日韩在线观看不卡 | 婷婷久草 | 成人一区视频 | 在线欧美日韩国产 | 国产亚洲美女精品久久久久 | 中文字幕在线永久在线视频2020 | 国产人做人爱视频精品 | 亚洲国产成人久久一区久久 | 久久国产视频在线观看 | 国产亚洲一区在线 | xxxxxxx国产精品视频 | 免费a级毛片网站 | 鲁丝片一区二区三区毛片 | 国产做受视频激情播放 | 污视频网页 | 91tv最新永久在线地址 | 亚洲天堂三区 | 日韩一区二区不卡 | 欧美成年黄网站色高清视频 |